Welcome to mybenz | mysatisfaction !, Register here.. | Home | Directory | Events | Forum | Buy and Sell | Contact Us | Planet Mybenz  


Lost Password?

Register now!
Refine Search
Main Menu
Quick Access
Who's Online
23 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Tips and Howtos)

Members: 0
Guests: 23

Home > Tips and Howtos > Benz Care Tips and Howtos

What I use to glue damage plastic parts of my W12... [Benz Care]
Requested and Answered by Buckrey on 25-Aug-2005 14:46 (4384 reads)
What I use to glue damage plastic parts of my W124 - by npk
I took out all the panelling in my Green TE and found that some have cracked, while some have broken/cracked hooks.

The W124 panels are most hook-on(unlike the Japanese cars, using clips and plugs).

I know that many use Super Glue to glue back cracked or broken plastic parts. However, I found that PVC Joint Solvent/Glue works better. Being a Solvent, it fuses the parts together. Super Glue just glue the parts together.

PVC Joint Solvent/Glue are easily available in hardware shops. It is being use by plumbers to joint and seal PVC pipes(the grey plastic pipes that you see in almost every building/home).

I recommend that you should pay little more for solvent from Japan. The local mades ones are about 40% cheaper. I have been using the large bottle(about RM18) and believe that the small ones are about RM7-8).

If you are working on a crack panel, ensure that you have some masking tape with you. I use masking to "press" the crack together, after applying the solvent. In order to have a fusion, the joint must be held together as tight as possible.

Don't forget to clean the area with some "thinner". Leave it overnite for good bonding strength.

32 Comment(s) Print Q&A Send Q&A Submit answer

The comments are owned by the poster. We aren't responsible for their content.