Welcome to mybenz | mysatisfaction !, Register here.. | Home | Directory | Events | Forum | Buy and Sell | Contact Us | Planet Mybenz  
Recent Forum Topics
Topic Replies/
Views
Last Post
Banner Battery 1/276 2020/2/12 19:50 Golfer
TT Session in Penang 2018 11/3153 2020/2/12 19:24 Golfer
Black stain on saddle brown nappa seats 0/198 2020/1/30 21:54 Rey
updated tire price list 216/103006 2020/1/30 18:02 lgxrkz
W212 E-Classe Owners 75/16490 2020/1/10 9:15 exidus
Merry Christmas 0/459 2019/12/24 22:45 Golfer
Dynamic shock absorbers replacement 3/1636 2019/12/6 15:31 126208W
Flipkey replacement needed 0/442 2019/11/17 0:34 alvin488
How to activate Navi in W204 0/457 2019/11/14 16:42 MaN_MoRiNi
W211 aircond wshop 1/672 2019/11/5 19:16 JavaKajang
W124 E280 MP PArts and Maintenance 1/868 2019/10/18 17:35 ChrisG76
w210 SERVICE CENTER(CHEAP AND BEST) 1/1055 2019/9/22 16:53 han
SRS LIGHT ON - 124 0/1029 2019/9/10 16:05 skcsec
W210 half cut Front Bumper 0/668 2019/9/5 17:30 dudelouv
Hello guys 0/697 2019/8/30 11:03 mal
W202 C220 1996 auto 0/1103 2019/8/24 21:02 aridz1
GET TO KNOW : Our States Penghulu!! 84/21015 2019/8/23 16:42 Golfer
W212 windscreen replacement in JB 3/1787 2019/8/21 13:23 alexl
C200 W204 2011 Facelift - A personal review 260/46387 2019/8/14 5:50 enkil
1989 W124 300CE stalling while slowing down 1/1998 2019/7/21 12:27 rayray7279
190E 2.6 (Manual) 0/2246 2019/7/4 12:08 cossie_mozzie
Genuine Mercedes Benz E280 Masterpiece W124 (For Sale) 0/2842 2019/6/17 17:04 cossie_mozzie
Ideal engine transplant for 190E 2/2466 2019/6/14 9:56 cossie_mozzie
car idle and stall 5/1515 2019/6/11 22:48 Golfer
vibration on rev 1/2371 2019/5/15 21:00 Gan
Anyone knows what this button is? 3/3406 2019/5/15 18:42 Plinker
REPAIR MILEAGE METER - 124 MODEL 6/2639 2019/5/7 17:43 Plinker
Two Doors with or without tops Mercedes Members 214/42358 2019/4/11 14:55 126208W
Auxiliary fan brand recommendation 1/2535 2019/4/7 0:16 shiningstar
E300 HYBRID ( Blue tech) Diesel 0/2587 2019/3/26 22:44 SERVICOM
Groovy Sunshade Bulk Purchase 15/8057 2019/3/18 1:17 techjack
WHO R YOU? 334/53577 2019/3/4 14:01 benz-lover
Madeline 19/4971 2019/3/4 12:17 deezed
Kipas laju sedangkan temperature 80-95 0/2186 2019/2/26 15:54 adhary
Subwoofer W212 3/3992 2019/2/2 23:44 Mabel
Good Night... 165/25571 2019/1/12 0:51 Mabel
W211 Members 197/46617 2019/1/12 0:47 Mabel
Battery drain 3/3705 2019/1/12 0:46 Mabel
Rusty water 5/5402 2019/1/12 0:45 Mabel
W124 E220 Japan model engine misfirng and stalling 3/3878 2018/12/21 21:41 Mabel
What are the different classes in Mercedes Benz? 2/3702 2018/11/30 21:51 Mabel
GEAR BOX - W220 S280YEAR 2000 2/3732 2018/11/30 21:41 Mabel
Kereta bergegar dan menggigil bila idle atau slow 1/3023 2018/11/30 21:37 Mabel
Mabel 112/28322 2018/11/8 23:47 Mabel
Mabellina 59/35857 2018/11/8 23:42 Mabel
New member from Bandar Baru Uda JB 31/7957 2018/11/8 23:22 Mabel
Just being Malaysian 162/26090 2018/10/26 22:15 Mabel
Problem with My Rear Head Rest 1/3579 2018/10/26 22:09 Mabel
The 20,000 Club 2/4670 2018/10/12 22:57 Mabel
Extended warranty for hybrid battery 1/5507 2018/10/12 22:31 Mabel
Login
Username:

Password:


Lost Password?

Register now!
Refine Search
Main Menu
Quick Access
Who's Online
35 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 35

more...
Location and Benz Model
Please add your location and benz model by clicking on your "edit account" link . That way it will help other members to help you identifying your benz related problem or probably help locating nearest workshop for you .
Members vs Models
Vintage | A-Class | W123 | W124 | W126 | W140 | W201 | W202 | W203 | W210 | W211 | W220 | 
B-Class | M-Class | W204 | W221 | W212 | 2-Doors | R107 | R129 | R170 | R171 | R230
mybenz | mysatisfaction Forum Index
   General talks about Benz
     My car engine can runs without a battery.
Register To Post

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
Mabel
Posted on: 2010/5/27 22:51
Benzo mania
Joined: 2007/8/7
From: Shah Alam, Cyber Jaya, Sunway
Posts: 20052
Benz Model: S320L, E240, C200
Message:
My car engine can runs without a battery.
I arrived very late last night from abroad… MAS’s flight was delayed for 5 hrs…what a waste on productivity…

To make matter worst can’t start my Perdana this morning. Press remote no sound, very quiet. Open the car, no alarm. Put on the ignition key, nothing and no dashboard light and cannot crank.

Call AAM. They came to my house about 30 minutes later and managed to jump start the car. The Battery was totally flat. Find out that later that either my wife or daughter has forgotten to turn off the reading lights, for 5 days as no one was using the car..

Upon inspection, one of the battery cells was about to dry. Technician recommend to change so I asked him to check with the AAM centre when was the last time I changed the battery (bought the battery from them). Centre confirms that the battery was last changed in 2008. So I decided to change to a new battery as I don’t want any further hassle this coming Monday as I’m flying out again early tomorrow morning to East Coast for my father’s tahlil…

Here is the best part…he took out the battery while the engine was still on and replaced it with a new battery. The whole procedure took about 10 minutes. I asked him OK ke tukar macam ini…why not stop the engine and change the battery. He said ..”OK Bang …kalau sekajap saja..

Culprit: Human Error
Damage: RM 258


----------------
Cheers/Mabel

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm
Take time to read. It is the fountain of wisdom
Membership Number: One Nine Seven Seven

jason1986
Posted on: 2010/5/27 23:48
Home away from home
Joined: 2010/4/15
From: Sitiawan/KL
Posts: 195
Benz Model: E220
Message:
Re: My car engine can runs without a battery.
Bro Mabel,

if i'm not mistaken, the battery will only be utilised to start the engine, after that, the alternator will be the one supplying most of the electricity.

Kalo tak silap la.. :P
19owner
Posted on: 2010/5/28 0:34
Certified Benzitos
Joined: 2008/5/16
From: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 4847
Benz Model: W201 and Others
Message:
Re: My car engine can runs without a battery.
Quote:

jason1986 wrote:
Bro Mabel,

if i'm not mistaken, the battery will only be utilised to start the engine, after that, the alternator will be the one supplying most of the electricity.

Kalo tak silap la.. :P


once you managed to start the engine, keep it running and then disconnect the battery terminals... see if the engine keeps running or dies out. simple...
Mabel
Posted on: 2010/5/28 0:41
Benzo mania
Joined: 2007/8/7
From: Shah Alam, Cyber Jaya, Sunway
Posts: 20052
Benz Model: S320L, E240, C200
Message:
Re: My car engine can runs without a battery.
Quote:

jason1986 wrote:
Bro Mabel,

if i'm not mistaken, the battery will only be utilised to start the engine, after that, the alternator will be the one supplying most of the electricity.

Kalo tak silap la.. :P


You are correct brother...that's is also my understanding...sebab itu that technician kata sekejap saja bolih buat macam ini...


----------------
Cheers/Mabel

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm
Take time to read. It is the fountain of wisdom
Membership Number: One Nine Seven Seven

Mabel
Posted on: 2010/5/28 0:43
Benzo mania
Joined: 2007/8/7
From: Shah Alam, Cyber Jaya, Sunway
Posts: 20052
Benz Model: S320L, E240, C200
Message:
Re: My car engine can runs without a battery.
Quote:

19owner wrote:

once you managed to start the engine, keep it running and then disconnect the battery terminals... see if the engine keeps running or dies out. simple...


...yes simple...


----------------
Cheers/Mabel

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm
Take time to read. It is the fountain of wisdom
Membership Number: One Nine Seven Seven

19owner
Posted on: 2010/5/28 0:49
Certified Benzitos
Joined: 2008/5/16
From: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 4847
Benz Model: W201 and Others
Message:
Re: My car engine can runs without a battery.
Quote:

Mabel wrote:
I arrived very late last night from abroad… MAS’s flight was delayed for 5 hrs…what a waste on productivity…

To make matter worst can’t start my Perdana this morning. Press remote no sound, very quiet. Open the car, no alarm. Put on the ignition key, nothing and no dashboard light and cannot crank.

Call AAM. They came to my house about 30 minutes later and managed to jump start the car. The Battery was totally flat. Find out that later that either my wife or daughter has forgotten to turn off the reading lights, for 5 days as no one was using the car..

Upon inspection, one of the battery cells was about to dry. Technician recommend to change so I asked him to check with the AAM centre when was the last time I changed the battery (bought the battery from them). Centre confirms that the battery was last changed in 2008. So I decided to change to a new battery as I don’t want any further hassle this coming Monday as I’m flying out again early tomorrow morning to East Coast for my father’s tahlil…

Here is the best part…he took out the battery while the engine was still on and replaced it with a new battery. The whole procedure took about 10 minutes. I asked him OK ke tukar macam ini…why not stop the engine and change the battery. He said ..”OK Bang …kalau sekajap saja..

Culprit: Human Error
Damage: RM 258


why jump start and then change the battery? if battery is flat, connect a good/new battery to the flat battery and then start the car. anyways, there are various methods to replace a dead merc battery...yours is something new to me.

anyhow, rm258 is for a maintenance free battery for your w201??
Mabel
Posted on: 2010/5/28 1:10
Benzo mania
Joined: 2007/8/7
From: Shah Alam, Cyber Jaya, Sunway
Posts: 20052
Benz Model: S320L, E240, C200
Message:
Re: My car engine can runs without a battery.
Quote:

19owner wrote:

why jump start and then change the battery? if battery is flat, connect a good/new battery to the flat battery and then start the car. anyways, there are various methods to replace a dead merc battery...yours is something new to me.

anyhow, rm258 is for a maintenance free battery for your w201??


It's for the Perdana V6 not W201..changed it to be safe side as my wife normally drives this car and do not want her caught stranded anywhere, anyplace...sayang bini brother hehehe

Anyway main reason I change it is because the battery is coming to two years old and the fact that in one of the cells in the battery, the water is almost dry. In addition I will be away over next few days...takut Monday tak bolih start again...


----------------
Cheers/Mabel

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm
Take time to read. It is the fountain of wisdom
Membership Number: One Nine Seven Seven

19owner
Posted on: 2010/5/28 1:47
Certified Benzitos
Joined: 2008/5/16
From: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 4847
Benz Model: W201 and Others
Message:
Re: My car engine can runs without a battery.
oh, for your v6 perdana...should just remove the flat battery and then install a new battery and then start the car bro...
ismaia
Posted on: 2010/5/28 2:01
Certified Benzitos
Joined: 2008/7/9
From: Kelumpor
Posts: 1118
Benz Model: W203, W204
Message:
Re: My car engine can runs without a battery.

bro mabel kenapa nak tukar bateri? tak payah tukar bateri.

tukarlah perdana tu.. hik hik


cabutt
Mabel
Posted on: 2010/5/28 2:03
Benzo mania
Joined: 2007/8/7
From: Shah Alam, Cyber Jaya, Sunway
Posts: 20052
Benz Model: S320L, E240, C200
Message:
Re: My car engine can runs without a battery.
Noted and thanks brother!


----------------
Cheers/Mabel

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm
Take time to read. It is the fountain of wisdom
Membership Number: One Nine Seven Seven

(1) 2 3 4 »
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top

Register To Post