Welcome to mybenz | mysatisfaction !, Register here.. | Home | Directory | Events | Forum | Buy and Sell | Contact Us | Planet Mybenz  
Recent Forum Topics
Topic Replies/
Views
Last Post
Towbar for W124 saloon - to give away 0/56 2021/1/13 11:50 pongee
Happy New Year My fellow Benzerz 0/322 2020/12/31 13:23 Golfer
W220 Suspension Conversion Kit 0/1173 2020/11/29 22:36 Praba
Tangki air wiper 0/1148 2020/11/3 12:46 sawa
RECOMMENDED ATF BRAND/GRADE FOR E200 W211 3/1556 2020/10/31 8:29 RS-W124
Revive MYBENZ 4/1610 2020/10/31 8:25 RS-W124
WHO R YOU? 337/58199 2020/10/21 10:57 Golfer
updated tire price list 218/109978 2020/8/22 18:24 lgxrkz
Hello guys 1/1912 2020/7/29 15:01 sjchoo
C250 Aircond leak 6/939 2020/7/29 14:52 sjchoo
GET TO KNOW : Our States Penghulu!! 86/24803 2020/7/7 12:12 Golfer
TT session 2020 in Penang 4/3957 2020/6/19 23:01 Golfer
W124 E280 MP PArts and Maintenance 2/1866 2020/6/13 8:28 raz
Mercedes Mechanics, AC Man, Wireman, Tireshop 21/12545 2020/5/20 12:32 timyap
1989 W124 300CE stalling while slowing down 2/3953 2020/5/20 12:16 timyap
W212 E-Classe Owners 76/20315 2020/4/9 22:17 dushendra
W220 S280 facelift 0/1618 2020/4/9 22:10 dushendra
W245 B170 Transmission Visit Workshop error 0/2458 2020/4/1 21:42 Brother
Repair Lamella Sunroof W245 B170 0/1446 2020/4/1 19:44 Brother
TT Session in Penang 2018 12/5260 2020/2/28 23:06 Golfer
Banner Battery 2/3598 2020/2/28 23:04 Golfer
Black stain on saddle brown nappa seats 0/2055 2020/1/30 21:54 Rey
Merry Christmas 0/3242 2019/12/24 22:45 Golfer
Dynamic shock absorbers replacement 3/3389 2019/12/6 15:31 126208W
Flipkey replacement needed 0/1602 2019/11/17 0:34 alvin488
How to activate Navi in W204 0/1612 2019/11/14 16:42 MaN_MoRiNi
W211 aircond wshop 1/2138 2019/11/5 19:16 JavaKajang
w210 SERVICE CENTER(CHEAP AND BEST) 1/2165 2019/9/22 16:53 han
SRS LIGHT ON - 124 0/3166 2019/9/10 16:05 skcsec
W210 half cut Front Bumper 0/2043 2019/9/5 17:30 dudelouv
W202 C220 1996 auto 0/2921 2019/8/24 21:02 aridz1
W212 windscreen replacement in JB 3/3515 2019/8/21 13:23 alexl
C200 W204 2011 Facelift - A personal review 260/49874 2019/8/14 5:50 enkil
190E 2.6 (Manual) 0/3841 2019/7/4 12:08 cossie_mozzie
Genuine Mercedes Benz E280 Masterpiece W124 (SOLD) 0/4853 2019/6/17 17:04 cossie_mozzie
Ideal engine transplant for 190E 2/3576 2019/6/14 9:56 cossie_mozzie
car idle and stall 5/2886 2019/6/11 22:48 Golfer
vibration on rev 1/3601 2019/5/15 21:00 Gan
Anyone knows what this button is? 3/4793 2019/5/15 18:42 Plinker
REPAIR MILEAGE METER - 124 MODEL 6/4020 2019/5/7 17:43 Plinker
Two Doors with or without tops Mercedes Members 214/46109 2019/4/11 14:55 126208W
Auxiliary fan brand recommendation 1/3764 2019/4/7 0:16 shiningstar
E300 HYBRID ( Blue tech) Diesel 0/3740 2019/3/26 22:44 SERVICOM
Groovy Sunshade Bulk Purchase 15/10779 2019/3/18 1:17 techjack
Madeline 19/7139 2019/3/4 12:17 deezed
Kipas laju sedangkan temperature 80-95 0/3497 2019/2/26 15:54 adhary
Subwoofer W212 3/6393 2019/2/2 23:44 Mabel
Good Night... 165/28872 2019/1/12 0:51 Mabel
W211 Members 197/50592 2019/1/12 0:47 Mabel
Battery drain 3/4916 2019/1/12 0:46 Mabel
Login
Username:

Password:


Lost Password?

Register now!
Refine Search
Main Menu
Quick Access
Who's Online
45 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 45

more...
Location and Benz Model
Please add your location and benz model by clicking on your "edit account" link . That way it will help other members to help you identifying your benz related problem or probably help locating nearest workshop for you .
Members vs Models
Vintage | A-Class | W123 | W124 | W126 | W140 | W201 | W202 | W203 | W210 | W211 | W220 | 
B-Class | M-Class | W204 | W221 | W212 | 2-Doors | R107 | R129 | R170 | R171 | R230
mybenz | mysatisfaction Forum Index
   W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class
     Advice needed: To sell or not to sell
Register To Post

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
justjim123
Posted on: 2007/9/11 15:27
Certified Benzitos
Joined: 2006/6/8
From: KL
Posts: 193
Benz Model: W201 190E (A)
Message:
Advice needed: To sell or not to sell
Hello fellow Benzitos...

It's been a while since I last posted. And a lot has happened since then. The reason for this sudden "re-emergence" of yours truly is because I would like to seek some "guidance" from all the wise gurus, so here's the story:

For those who have not seen my trusty old banger : Looky here

Due to recent personal events, I will be moving oversea, at least for the next four years, and most likely get a PR while I'm there. Hence the dilemma: To sell or not to sell my car. For those who are in the know, surely you are aware of how crazy I was and how much effort I put into my car

Heres the thing, it never occured to me to sell the car, I was planning to hand it over to benzwong @ Alex for safe keeping and maintenance. But for some reason, I got two offers from potential buyer, one inactive fellow MyBenzer and one W123 fanatic, who has previously owned FIVE W123 whom I just had the pleasure of meeting last night (he will soon be joining this forum and is just as crazy as I am when it comes to W123). Both has made a "good-but-can-be-better" offer, but I will not reveal them here as it is not fair to either one of them.

So, I would like to hear from you guys whether I should take up the offer, and if so, what price do you think I should let it go for...


NOTE:
DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD THE AMOUNT OF RM THAT YOU THINK I SHOULD SELL IT FOR. Please PM me if you feel incline to tell me the value that you think it's fair that I should be getting for my car.


TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL... That is the question.

All comments welcome...



----------------
Cheers,

Divers did it longer, deeper, wetter & always comes out SATISFIED!

notigolfer
Posted on: 2007/9/11 15:51
Founding Member
Joined: 2005/3/1
From: section 13 shah alam
Posts: 5999
Benz Model: W210 E230 Elegance
Message:
Re: Advice needed: To sell or not to sell
hello jimmy

aiyohh....what a dilemma!!

trust your heart & go with it....to me, the thing you must do is to pass the car to a person who'll take care of yr car well....doesnt matter thru sale or safekeeping. it's like passing over a part of you really, given the TLC you had put in all this time...

cheers


----------------
lets build friendship thru knowledge sharing

Membership Number: 6

tamade7
Posted on: 2007/9/11 16:06
Certified Benzitos
Joined: 2007/1/29
From: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 18
Benz Model: No Benz; BMW only
Message:
Re: Advice needed: To sell or not to sell
Sell lah what are you waiting for man. Money in the bank is always better.GOOD PRICE GOOD DEAL.....

npk
Posted on: 2007/9/11 16:34
Grand Sifu
Joined: 2005/5/9
From:
Posts: 9750
Benz Model:
Message:
Re: Advice needed: To sell or not to sell
Quote:

justjim123 wrote:
Hello fellow Benzitos...

It's been a while since I last posted. And a lot has happened since then. The reason for this sudden "re-emergence" of yours truly is because I would like to seek some "guidance" from all the wise gurus, so here's the story:

For those who have not seen my trusty old banger : Looky here

Due to recent personal events, I will be moving oversea, at least for the next four years, and most likely get a PR while I'm there. Hence the dilemma: To sell or not to sell my car. For those who are in the know, surely you are aware of how crazy I was and how much effort I put into my car

Heres the thing, it never occured to me to sell the car, I was planning to hand it over to benzwong @ Alex for safe keeping and maintenance. But for some reason, I got two offers from potential buyer, one inactive fellow MyBenzer and one W123 fanatic, who has previously owned FIVE W123 whom I just had the pleasure of meeting last night (he will soon be joining this forum and is just as crazy as I am when it comes to W123). Both has made a "good-but-can-be-better" offer, but I will not reveal them here as it is not fair to either one of them.

So, I would like to hear from you guys whether I should take up the offer, and if so, what price do you think I should let it go for...


NOTE:
DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD THE AMOUNT OF RM THAT YOU THINK I SHOULD SELL IT FOR. Please PM me if you feel incline to tell me the value that you think it's fair that I should be getting for my car.


TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL... That is the question.

All comments welcome...




Hand over to ALex for safekeeping???? WHY?!?!?!?!

YOU SHOULD HAND OVER TO ME FOR SAFEKEEPING!!!!!




If I were you, I'll take the offer and sell the car. As you now, these cars deteriorate if you don't take good care of them.

You will be away for a while and the next thing, you may find a new "love" and this lovely car will be left under a mango tree to rot away.

Life is about moving on....everything happens for a good reason(except one!!! and that is not leaving the car to me for safekeeping....and of all the ugly guys in town, it must be Alex...he he he he).

So, bila mau makan kao2 one???

NPK
benzwong
Posted on: 2007/9/11 16:51
Master Techie
Joined: 2006/5/24
From: Subang jaya
Posts: 291
Benz Model: W123,124,126
Message:
Re: Advice needed: To sell or not to sell
Halo apek...

There must be a reason WHY i was chosen .Obviously i have something that U dont.My nick alone sum it all U get what i mean MY DEAR APEK


----------------

npk
Posted on: 2007/9/11 16:54
Grand Sifu
Joined: 2005/5/9
From:
Posts: 9750
Benz Model:
Message:
Re: Advice needed: To sell or not to sell
Quote:

benzwong wrote:
Halo apek...

There must be a reason WHY i was chosen .Obviously i have something that U dont.My nick alone sum it all U get what i mean MY DEAR APEK


I disagree!!!

You already had so many BADLY beaten W123 under your care....sorry lar...U disqualify lar.....kena card merah type


benzwong
Posted on: 2007/9/11 17:00
Master Techie
Joined: 2006/5/24
From: Subang jaya
Posts: 291
Benz Model: W123,124,126
Message:
Re: Advice needed: To sell or not to sell
Quote:

npk wrote:
Quote:

benzwong wrote:
Halo apek...

There must be a reason WHY i was chosen .Obviously i have something that U dont.My nick alone sum it all U get what i mean MY DEAR APEK


I disagree!!!

You already had so many BADLY beaten W123 under your care....sorry lar...U disqualify lar.....kena card merah type




WHY kena kad merah Because my car Merah


----------------

npk
Posted on: 2007/9/11 17:05
Grand Sifu
Joined: 2005/5/9
From:
Posts: 9750
Benz Model:
Message:
Re: Advice needed: To sell or not to sell
Quote:

benzwong wrote:
Quote:

npk wrote:
Quote:

benzwong wrote:
Halo apek...

There must be a reason WHY i was chosen .Obviously i have something that U dont.My nick alone sum it all U get what i mean MY DEAR APEK


I disagree!!!

You already had so many BADLY beaten W123 under your care....sorry lar...U disqualify lar.....kena card merah type




WHY kena kad merah Because my car Merah


PADAN MUKA!!!!! Next time mau select color, cari kaler yg sober sikit....ni asik , select kaler pun sudah silap.



Hoi, U panda hijack thread...nanti Bor Justjim kasi

justjim123
Posted on: 2007/9/11 17:09
Certified Benzitos
Joined: 2006/6/8
From: KL
Posts: 193
Benz Model: W201 190E (A)
Message:
Re: Advice needed: To sell or not to sell
Quote:

npk wrote:
Hoi, U panda hijack thread...nanti Bor Justjim kasi



Baru mau kasi satu...ni hijacker manyak susah la!!!


----------------
Cheers,

Divers did it longer, deeper, wetter & always comes out SATISFIED!

240D
Posted on: 2007/9/11 17:19
Wise Benzitos
Joined: 2007/2/5
From: KL - Nusajaya
Posts: 3231
Benz Model: E class & S class
Message:
Re: Advice needed: To sell or not to sell
Jimmy...i know exactly how it feels...to sell but when you wake next day..you dont want to sell.. and to sell it again.. but when you driving it.. you dont want to sell...
It happens to me... thats why i put up 3 of my car for sale...got potential buyer...but dont know why....i still keeping all of it till now....maybe memories are worth more then money.. or my next generation keen to hear what i have gone through and they will feel it when driving all my leftover car for them........ just my thought...

but if you need cash in order to move your life to the next step of your journey.. do sell the car......whether you are to memories/nostalgia/history or you are into money/lifestyle upgrade....
for me money isnt everything..its the experience who make you a different person....
(1) 2 3 4 5 »
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top

Register To Post