Welcome to mybenz | mysatisfaction !, Register here.. | Home | Directory | Events | Forum | Buy and Sell | Contact Us | Planet Mybenz  
Recent Forum Topics
Topic Replies/
Views
Last Post
Re: Please pray and Doa for our founder Buckrey. Passed away 27th Jan 2021. Al-Fatihah 6/145 2021/1/27 18:04 Mabel
Happy New Year My fellow Benzerz 2/336 2021/1/25 18:30 Golfer
TT Session in Penang 2018 13/5278 2021/1/23 13:24 Golfer
Revive MYBENZ 5/1625 2021/1/23 13:21 Golfer
Towbar for W124 saloon - to give away 0/69 2021/1/13 11:50 pongee
W220 Suspension Conversion Kit 0/1248 2020/11/29 22:36 Praba
Tangki air wiper 0/1222 2020/11/3 12:46 sawa
RECOMMENDED ATF BRAND/GRADE FOR E200 W211 3/1566 2020/10/31 8:29 RS-W124
WHO R YOU? 337/58271 2020/10/21 10:57 Golfer
updated tire price list 218/110038 2020/8/22 18:24 lgxrkz
Hello guys 1/1923 2020/7/29 15:01 sjchoo
C250 Aircond leak 6/955 2020/7/29 14:52 sjchoo
GET TO KNOW : Our States Penghulu!! 86/24833 2020/7/7 12:12 Golfer
TT session 2020 in Penang 4/3967 2020/6/19 23:01 Golfer
W124 E280 MP PArts and Maintenance 2/1878 2020/6/13 8:28 raz
Mercedes Mechanics, AC Man, Wireman, Tireshop 21/12574 2020/5/20 12:32 timyap
1989 W124 300CE stalling while slowing down 2/3963 2020/5/20 12:16 timyap
W212 E-Classe Owners 76/20342 2020/4/9 22:17 dushendra
W220 S280 facelift 0/1625 2020/4/9 22:10 dushendra
W245 B170 Transmission Visit Workshop error 0/2463 2020/4/1 21:42 Brother
Repair Lamella Sunroof W245 B170 0/1454 2020/4/1 19:44 Brother
Banner Battery 2/3613 2020/2/28 23:04 Golfer
Black stain on saddle brown nappa seats 0/2060 2020/1/30 21:54 Rey
Merry Christmas 0/3252 2019/12/24 22:45 Golfer
Dynamic shock absorbers replacement 3/3402 2019/12/6 15:31 126208W
Flipkey replacement needed 0/1608 2019/11/17 0:34 alvin488
How to activate Navi in W204 0/1620 2019/11/14 16:42 MaN_MoRiNi
W211 aircond wshop 1/2150 2019/11/5 19:16 JavaKajang
w210 SERVICE CENTER(CHEAP AND BEST) 1/2176 2019/9/22 16:53 han
SRS LIGHT ON - 124 0/3175 2019/9/10 16:05 skcsec
W210 half cut Front Bumper 0/2051 2019/9/5 17:30 dudelouv
W202 C220 1996 auto 0/2929 2019/8/24 21:02 aridz1
W212 windscreen replacement in JB 3/3523 2019/8/21 13:23 alexl
C200 W204 2011 Facelift - A personal review 260/49909 2019/8/14 5:50 enkil
190E 2.6 (Manual) 0/3853 2019/7/4 12:08 cossie_mozzie
Genuine Mercedes Benz E280 Masterpiece W124 (SOLD) 0/4868 2019/6/17 17:04 cossie_mozzie
Ideal engine transplant for 190E 2/3581 2019/6/14 9:56 cossie_mozzie
car idle and stall 5/2896 2019/6/11 22:48 Golfer
vibration on rev 1/3611 2019/5/15 21:00 Gan
Anyone knows what this button is? 3/4807 2019/5/15 18:42 Plinker
REPAIR MILEAGE METER - 124 MODEL 6/4029 2019/5/7 17:43 Plinker
Two Doors with or without tops Mercedes Members 214/46146 2019/4/11 14:55 126208W
Auxiliary fan brand recommendation 1/3769 2019/4/7 0:16 shiningstar
E300 HYBRID ( Blue tech) Diesel 0/3748 2019/3/26 22:44 SERVICOM
Groovy Sunshade Bulk Purchase 15/10795 2019/3/18 1:17 techjack
Madeline 19/7152 2019/3/4 12:17 deezed
Kipas laju sedangkan temperature 80-95 0/3505 2019/2/26 15:54 adhary
Subwoofer W212 3/6403 2019/2/2 23:44 Mabel
Good Night... 165/28897 2019/1/12 0:51 Mabel
W211 Members 197/50624 2019/1/12 0:47 Mabel
Login
Username:

Password:


Lost Password?

Register now!
Refine Search
Main Menu
Quick Access
Who's Online
47 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 47

more...
Location and Benz Model
Please add your location and benz model by clicking on your "edit account" link . That way it will help other members to help you identifying your benz related problem or probably help locating nearest workshop for you .
Members vs Models
Vintage | A-Class | W123 | W124 | W126 | W140 | W201 | W202 | W203 | W210 | W211 | W220 | 
B-Class | M-Class | W204 | W221 | W212 | 2-Doors | R107 | R129 | R170 | R171 | R230
mybenz | mysatisfaction Forum Index
   W204 - C Classe
     [W204] Combination Switch and Light Switch Issues
Register To Post

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
aficionado
Posted on: 2015/1/6 22:45
Just can't stay away
Joined: 2012/4/18
From: Batu Pahat, Johor
Posts: 131
Benz Model: W204 C200K Sport
Message:
[W204] Combination Switch and Light Switch Issues
Assalamu'alaikum dan Salam Sejahtera

I own a 2008 W204 C200 Kompressor. At the moment, there are some issues with the combination switch (the one that controls signal, wiper, etc) and light switch (the one that controls headlamp, foglamp, parking lamp, etc)

For light switch:
Auto mode is working fine.
The problem occurs during the manual mode. Sometimes when I turn the switch for the side lamps only to be on, the mainbeam will also turn on. When this happens, switching to mainbeam on will result in side lamps only to turn on (mainbeam will go off)..also when I switch to 0 (off) and turn off the engine, the parking lamp (I think the right side) will turn on..

For combination switch:
This is more complicated to explain..however I'll make it short..
Sometimes when I want to turn left, the left signal goes off after three 'clicks'..but after a few seconds, it turns on again..
Sometimes when I want to turn right, the left signal turns on instead of the right signal..
Sometimes the wipers just stop working, although I have turned the switch to continuous swipe..the temporary workaround is I have to push the switch inward (to activate washer fluid so that the wipers swipe)..

I haven't met any mechanic yet..just to get some rough ideas on the issues first..

Please do help me and give some advice...
goshinguy
Posted on: 2015/1/7 16:24
Not too shy to talk
Joined: 2011/2/9
From: Selayang Selangor
Posts: 27
Benz Model: 2008 w204 C200 Ele
Message:
Re: [W204] Combination Switch and Light Switch Issues
salam bro..

incidently i'm also having some issue with the light switch but not exactly like yours. And incidently my car also w204 c200 2008 car but elegance version from europe.

i guess the lifespan of the switch was made for 6-7 years only.

my problem is when i park and lock the car with the light switch at the auto mode, the lights is turned off no problem but if park the car when the switch is at off position , the front parking light is on when i locked the car after a while. So its quite an annoyance.

i will always have to put the light to off mode when i drive during the day and then switch to auto mode when i need to park the car. But if i have forgotten to turn to auto when i park the car the front parking light will be on when I came back.

i havent been to a mechanic myself but did ask the price for replacement and the damage is quite an amount. i think 1k pluss if not mkstaken. havent found a workaround yet.

BTW, just in case is your centre console button broken or still working? I mean the scrolling button at the centre. I heard it is quite common for this button to be broken after a while for this car version. I can push to left right up down no problem but the twisting scrolling is no more.

bonson
Posted on: 2015/1/8 16:30
Home away from home
Joined: 2010/10/23
From: Ampang/Cheras
Posts: 326
Benz Model: W204 / W211 / W221
Message:
Re: [W204] Combination Switch and Light Switch Issues
Quote:

aficionado wrote:
Assalamu'alaikum dan Salam Sejahtera

I own a 2008 W204 C200 Kompressor. At the moment, there are some issues with the combination switch (the one that controls signal, wiper, etc) and light switch (the one that controls headlamp, foglamp, parking lamp, etc)

For light switch:
Auto mode is working fine.
The problem occurs during the manual mode. Sometimes when I turn the switch for the side lamps only to be on, the mainbeam will also turn on. When this happens, switching to mainbeam on will result in side lamps only to turn on (mainbeam will go off)..also when I switch to 0 (off) and turn off the engine, the parking lamp (I think the right side) will turn on..

For combination switch:
This is more complicated to explain..however I'll make it short..
Sometimes when I want to turn left, the left signal goes off after three 'clicks'..but after a few seconds, it turns on again..
Sometimes when I want to turn right, the left signal turns on instead of the right signal..
Sometimes the wipers just stop working, although I have turned the switch to continuous swipe..the temporary workaround is I have to push the switch inward (to activate washer fluid so that the wipers swipe)..

I haven't met any mechanic yet..just to get some rough ideas on the issues first..

Please do help me and give some advice...


For the first issue, it is normal and it works that way.

For the second issue, its either the controller switch faulty or the program parameter is corrupted.
aficionado
Posted on: 2015/1/14 17:25
Just can't stay away
Joined: 2012/4/18
From: Batu Pahat, Johor
Posts: 131
Benz Model: W204 C200K Sport
Message:
Re: [W204] Combination Switch and Light Switch Issues
Quote:

goshinguy wrote:
my problem is when i park and lock the car with the light switch at the auto mode, the lights is turned off no problem but if park the car when the switch is at off position , the front parking light is on when i locked the car after a while. So its quite an annoyance.

Sometimes, this happens to me also..same thing bro..

Quote:

goshinguy wrote:
i havent been to a mechanic myself but did ask the price for replacement and the damage is quite an amount. i think 1k pluss if not mkstaken. havent found a workaround yet.

What is this rm1k for? A new switch?

Quote:

goshinguy wrote:
BTW, just in case is your centre console button broken or still working? I mean the scrolling button at the centre. I heard it is quite common for this button to be broken after a while for this car version. I can push to left right up down no problem but the twisting scrolling is no more.

It does still work at the moment..

Quote:

bonson wrote:
For the second issue, its either the controller switch faulty or the program parameter is corrupted.

Thank you for the opinion, boss..
aficionado
Posted on: 2015/1/14 18:35
Just can't stay away
Joined: 2012/4/18
From: Batu Pahat, Johor
Posts: 131
Benz Model: W204 C200K Sport
Message:
Re: [W204] Combination Switch and Light Switch Issues
A quick googling shows an exactly similar problem here:

http://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/374513-turn-signal-indicators-acting-up.html

600??
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top

Register To Post